Website Privacy Notice
This website is operated by Maiden Life Försäkrings AB and Maiden General Försäkrings AB (“We”). We are registered in Sweden in the Swedish Companies Registration Office’s registry under number 516406-0468 and 516406-1003 respectively and have our registered office at Klarabergsviadukten 70, Box 70396, 107 24 Stockholm, Sweden. We are authorised and regulated by Finansinspektionen.
We are registered with Swedish Authority for Privacy Protection (IMY) and We comply with all current data protection laws.
We believe in keeping the information you give us safe. We follow strict security procedures on how your personal information is stored and used. By using our website, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
This policy describes how We collect, use and look after the information you provide us with when you visit our site.
Our website may contain links to other third party websites. We do not have any control over these websites so please refer to their privacy policies if you decide to follow one of these links.
Your personal data
Personal data means any information which relates to a specific person. This for example includes your name, your telephone number and your postal and e-mail addresses.
Scope of data collection, processing and use
Merely visiting our website does not require you to provide us with any personal data.
Nor will We collect, process or use your personal data unless you have given us your explicit consent to do so.
Countries outside the European Union may have a lower standard of protection for personal information than that required by European Data Protection Legislation. If We need to transfer your data outside the EU, We will take steps to make sure your personal data is handled in line with Swedish law.
For policyholders or insured customers (as opposed to simply visitors to our website), your data will be processed in accordance with our Data Privacy Statement
as updated from time to time.
Information We may hold:
- Information that you have provided to us including, but not limited to, when you:
- enter competitions, prize draws or promotions which We may promote.
- sign up to marketing/newsletters including by email and SMS.
- information you provide to us when applying through the website for registration, subscribing to any of our services or requesting further services.
- if you contact us for any reason, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that We use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- information We collect using cookies stored on your device. Please see our policy on cookies for more information and how to manage them. your IP address.
- details of your visits to the website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources, advertisements and linked sites that you access.
- information provided to us by other companies who have obtained your permission to share information about you.
Use of contact forms
You can contact us directly via the contact forms provided on the website. We collect, process and use the information you communicate to us via such forms exclusively for the handling of your specific request.
If you have subscribed to our newsletter, We only use the data provided by you to send you the newsletter. Your data will be deleted when you cancel your subscription to the newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time via the link contained in the newsletter.
Protection of your data
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect our website and IT systems against the loss, destruction, unauthorised access to, amendment or dissemination of your data by unauthorised persons.
Right to information and data correction, blocking and deletion of your data
You have to right to information free of charge about the data which has been stored in relation to your person and, if applicable, the right to have this data corrected, blocked or deleted.
Consent granted by you for the collection, processing and use of data can be withdrawn by you at any time with effect for the future.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, or should you wish to withdraw your consent at any time, you should write to: Data Protection Officer, Maiden Life & General, Box 70396, 107 24 Stockholm, Sweden.
Last updated January 2021